The Network for the Advancement of Black Communities (NABC) and the CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (Through their Black to the Future Community of Practice) is implementing the Black Community Recovery and Healing Program (BCRH), a new program funded by the Laidlaw Foundation.
Join us in kicking off the Black Community Recovery and Healing Program with our incredible capacity-building learning labs!:
Program Development + Evaluation with Neil Price on Thursday
Understand the process of program development and evaluation - 1hour
1) Problem Development 101→ thinking through the challenge: what is the org trying to address? How do you know this is the need?
- Program Cycle
- The evaluation cycle begins again: what are the new concerns?
2) Learn how to embed evaluation in the program planning stage - 1hour
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Developing an evaluation culture
- Why is consistent evaluation important
- Building data collection and analysis into the program
CASE STUDY ACTIVITY → Program Logic Model
3) Learn how to focus evaluation to meet accountability & learning requirements- 1hour
- Knowledge Mobilization
- How do you make evaluation meaningful, culturally responsive, accessible etc
- Disseminating information to key stakeholders and community
- Methodology → how do you collect results and feedback (focus groups vs surveys)