Part 1: How to Get the Grant
For non-profit organizations of every size, effective grant writing directly supports and sustains program reach and impact in the community. "How to Get the Grant" is an interactive session led by long time Grant Writer, Paulina O'Kieffe-Anthony. This session will specifically explore the basics of transforming project/programs ideas into compelling grant applications. The session will break down the main components of an application and provide best practices for grant research and writing clear and concise applications. This session is geared to organizations of all sizes, from grassroots groups to charitable organizations.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to strategically research and identify grants
- Write compelling project descriptions, impact statements
- Understand how to build project budgets and workplans for grant applications
- Best practices in grant writing with understanding on what juries are looking for
Part- 2: Fundraising Basics for Organizations
Although most non-profit organizations rely heavily on grants to support programs, an important aspect of creating long term sustainability for your organization is by diversifying your funding streams, which includes running strong fundraising campaigns. Fundraising Basics for Organizations, is led by creative consultant and wealth builder Paulina O’Kieffe-Anthony. This session will introduce the basic elements needed for any organization to develop and execute successful fundraising campaigns. This session will introduce participants to the basic elements of fundraising, including planning, execution, volunteer management and donor stewardship and retention. This session is geared to organizations of all sizes, from grassroots groups to charitable organizations.
- By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to develop an annual fundraising plan
- Identify fundraising strategies that can be used within their own organizations
- Understand how to grow and steward their donor base